Sunday, April 20, 2003

GIMLET, INCORPORATED: Staying with my sister, aka, the prototype, (more on that another time) over the holiday weekend has somehow renewed my determination to start my own software company. I've been toying with the idea on and off for almost two years now, but only recently has my cornerstone application idea really begun to coalesce. The geek in me is grappling with the application foundation details (core development languages, environments, bindings, protocols, storage, etc.) while the consultant in me is making sure that the product will satisfy a well-defined need. I'm trying to keep in mind that a good enterpreneur has to wear several hats. I'm also very cognizant of the need to remain on focus in any entrepreneurial endeavor if this thing is ever going to work -one very good reason that I haven't jumped into this foray sooner. I ramble. More to come...

No comments: