Friday, March 28, 2003

SHIPPING NEWS: I just watched said movie and have some observations:

-Kevin Spacey plays against type. His modus operandi is usually to be the smartest person in the film. Here he clearly is not. He still gives his usual excellent portrayal, though, and it's hard to take your eyes off of him. -I have a crush on Julianne Moore. If only all women would age as gracefully as she, the world would be a far better place. Also, she satisfies my biological predeliction for redheads (how did that happen?) [Sidebar: How does this traditional Jewish soul keep gravitating towards classical Irish beauties? Is it the shiksappeal? I wonder.] -Mme. Dench is a presence, as usual. -I want to visit Newfoundland, Its bleakness and utilitarian beauty inspire the minimalist (as well as the frustrated poet) in me.

No comments: