Wednesday, January 15, 2003

WEIRD KARMA AND DATING, EPISODE I: I just watched the Bachelorette tonight (ABC, Wednesday nights 9PM EST) and received my very first "tease" from a lady on JDate. I therefore have newfound (mis)understandings about dating and the opposite sex. Tonight, we'll tackle the Bachelorette. First off, there's Russ, who's playing the game aggressively, like a female in heat. Give the guy credit, at least his game plan is unique. He's acting like he couldn't even count to 21 in the buff, if you get my drift. Overall, the men have a lot more composure than the amazin' fightin' females I'm used to seeing on the traditional gaggle of hens and a rooster show. So far, IMHO, it's been kinda hard to manufacture tension where there isn't any. Let's face it, men aren't the nail biting "I hope she likes me" types. I suppose that may change as the choices narrow and we learn more about the remaining competitors. Frankly, I doubt I'll be watching that long. True to form, though, I do have a proposal for a show that I'd watch: "JAP NYC: (subtitle: a yiddishe maidele in New York)" I can see it now. There's Akiva, the Einstein University medical student from Silver Springs who hasn't picked a specialty yet; his best friend David, the medical malpractice lawyer (read: ambulance chaser) from Long Island; Irving the accountant from Queens and much, much more. First date: Meet the family. Mondays on NBC, with encore performances on Thursday after Conan, but definitely not on Saturdays. To be continued...

No comments: